Monday, 24 October 2011

Paints + Passion = Preaching. ha!

YES! I just finished the first piece for my solo show! My hands are still wet with varnish - exciting! It's called "Revolutionary Ranges" as in mountain ranges. I'll try and get a pic of it up soon under "My Art" page, unless I change my mind and decide to keep it a secret. ha! It will be hung tomorrow in the NDP caucus office for public viewing pleasure! :) If you are local go check it out! Another exciting thing happened today for my art. I bought some new paint colours for my next piece which has me amped up! I'll be starting on it tomorrow. The availability and variety of colours these days is amazing, I haven't bought paints since college. I was like a kid in a candy store! Magenta's, Turquoise, and Brilliant Blue's were a must. Honestly though I wish I had more cheddar because I would have bought a shit load more. Damn. Soon I hope! I really need a sugar daddy...like yesterday.
I guess that is what life is like though when you're going after a dream, or at least trying for something you really enjoy. Something out of the ordinary. It's not the easy road, or the instant road to fortune, it's a struggle for sure. You got to give up things like a regular pay cheque to follow something that you are passionate about. My friends and I have talked about this though...a lot. I think we all struggle with finding and doing  what we really want to do versus what we must or are supposed to do to earn a living. The meaningless day in and day out 9-5  job takes it's toll on any person. I have done it and definitely understand and respect it's importance, and I am sure at some point I may even have to return to it. If this whole professional passionate artists nonsense doesn't pan out completely. ha!
At the end of the day though, or year, or your life don't you want more than that? I know I do, and that is why I am jumping at this opportunity that I have. At least trying for something more. Which actually did come out of something bad happening to me. So perhaps that something bad that happened was for a reason. To make me slow down and remember where my soul is most happy...doing something that I love. Life is funny, and short so do with it something that's colourful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment