Monday, 21 November 2011

Fashion Interview - Wizdom Style

I did this interview for a friend of mine who is in Fashion Merchandising at Blanche Macdonald. I thought I'd share it with ya'll. Give you a little insight on my passion for fashion. ha! Thanks Terry for thinking of me. :) Enjoy.

1. Who is your style icon?
I don't really have one main style icon. I think what makes great individual style is pulling different looks together to make them your own. I respect women who can mix it up, be elegant, street savy, and classic. I like Rachel Bilsons ability to mix and match effortlessly, she has wardrobe staples and works around them to create a modern version of class. I also like someone like Beyonce who takes bigger risks. Her street style has a certain sex appeal that is all her own, but she can come out as pure class on the red carpet. Plus both women although quite different appreciate simple accessories like scarves and hats, which I love.

2. How do you translate their style into your everyday style?
I try to remember the importance of quality wardrobe staples, and from time to time. Also I love using accessories like scarves and hats.

3. When did you become more fashion aware, what prompted your interest?
I became fashion aware in my early teens, perhaps I wasn't the most fashionable right from the start but I evolved. I think becoming a woman prompted my interest as it does for most girls. We become more conscience of our bodies and how to dress them, classics but also dont' play it too safe. I am no afraid to take risks what we like and how we want to present ourselves. I also become more interested in designs, I've always been artistic and took to doing little fashion sketches at a young age.



4.How would you define your personal style?
If I had to define my personal style I would call it, "classic bohemian glamour swag".

5.Who is your favorite designer and why?
This is a hard one, it's difficult to pick just one designer as a favorite. I have always loved BCBG/Max Azria, every time I go into a store I want everything. It's all beautiful. They have branched out to make more affordable lines, but still maintained the high end designs which are unlike anything else. Throughout the different labels they are consistent keeping the integrity and beauty that makes their designs so fresh. I also love Monique Lhuillier. Her clothes are breathtaking. She captures the feminine beauty with an eye like no other. Her dresses dazzle me. Tom Ford is also amazing with his theatrical background he brings a dramatic quality to his clothes but with elegance and tailoring that is all his own. His clothes make a statement. I also will always love J Crew. They make affordable, quality, classic, lovely pieces that can be a staple in any woman's wardrobe. Their styling is great, I love getting the catalogues.

Monique Lhuillier - Fall 2011


6. Do you consider yourself to have impeccable style?
I have to laugh at this. ha! I do not consider myself to have impeccable style. I consider myself a lover of fashion, and if that is represented in the way I carry myself then perhaps I have a little style. I still love a good pair of sweats on a snowy day.

7.What do you consider to be key items needed in every woman's wardrobe?
Key items needed in every woman wardrobe are as follows: Pearl earrings, flat leather boots (numerous pairs if possible), Uggs, classic blazer, classic white t, quality leather shoulder/cross body bag, clutch, scarves, ballet flats, classic little dress (doesn't have to be black), pencil skirt, trench/pea coat, cardigans, one pair of comfy platforms, leather jacket, fedora, skinny jeans (black & blue), TIGHTS!

8. What is your current favorite piece of clothing in your closet?
My current favorite piece are my wonder under tights, they are magic. They go with everything, literally and are the most comfortable thing I own. Uggs will always be a favorite of mine though and are probably what I am most known for. There will be multiple pairs in my closet until the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment