Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Yikes! 25 on the 25th of December = A little luck, a party, and a lot of champagne and happiness!

Earlier tonight while my dinner was simmering on the stove, simply relaxing while drinking some green tea and knitting it hit me - I will be 25 this year! My birthday is December 25th. I know what you're thinking - "this bitch knits?" and/or "that woman can sure multitask". Either way you're right! ha!
The realisation that I will be a quarter of a century old all of a sudden flashed in my head repeatedly, haunting me like the flickering neon light of a scuzzy motel sign. The type of flicker that makes you look back and then look forward to see what all you've left behind and accomplished in your past, and what you want for your future.
Obviously being born on Christmas can already be quite special as you share the same birthday as Jesus (this is probably why I am blessed a woman of many talents knitting/multitasking), or it can be a curse when you are a 10 year old brat who has to share your birthday with Christmas. Really it depends which way you look at it. I remember being 15 and already thinking I was 25. I thought I had it all figured out, and that when I reach the actual age how ancient I will be. That I should have kids and be married by then or something silly like that, but now that I am here I feel like that 15 year old girl. Who still feels young at heart, but wise beyond her years. Isn't it funny how when we are younger we look forward to growing up or we already think we are grown up, and once we actually do grow up we hold on to the innocence of our childhood. When you're a child anything and everything seems possible, which is not such a horrible notion to grasp and remember when you have grown into the tainted world and society that is revealed once you become an "adult". Others measures of success and failure become blinding and our possibilities slip through our fingers along with our happiness.
This year is an extra special and hopefully lucky birthday as I will be turning 25 on the 25th - of December none the less (the already important/curse birthday, once again depending how you look at it). This is what some of my friends refer to as your "champagne birthday" which I am hoping brings me the much needed luck promised as well as a thrasher of a celebration. One that goes down in history, because at this ripe old age I can tell you that no matter what life brings a good party is great at any age and you definitely can never have enough luck. Bring on the champagne, and along with it possibility - which in the end should equal my happiness! Here's to many more years of knitting, green tea, parties, good music, good art, good health and a little luck! Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. I am reminded why I love you! So awesome-so embraced-so Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champagne Birthday! Im there! Cant wait to see your beautiful self - Love and Miss !

    Ashley, your little sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Age comes with wisdom. Theres more good days awaits you in the future then you've gone through the past. Trust your heart and enjoy every moment life has to offer. Happy Champagne Birthday JLL!

    ReplyDelete