Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Letter to my 16 year old self...

I recently stumbled upon this book that consists of various celebrities letters. Letters addressed to themselves at the tender age of 16. What advice they would give, or if they had any advice to give at all. How interesting it would be to be 16 years of age and receive a letter from your older self. It got me thinking about what I would say to my 16 year old self, and to be honest I came up blank. I could say something cliche like "live everyday like it's you last" or "you will get through the hard times, trust yourself and believe the best will come" but I just don't think any words even from yourself can prepare you at any age for life and what it will put you through. The experience itself is what you learn from, and makes you who you are. So that is why the thought of being able to write a letter to your younger self is a thrilling concept but not a reality. I've decided my letter would simply be a song that reminds me of my Dad, and just how precious life is. I am not a big country music fan but my Dad sure was. Here's the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOcW_YR1G8

What would your letter say?
You can check out the book here, and even purchase it if you feel so inclined...http://www.dearme.org/buy/

No comments:

Post a Comment