Tuesday, 17 January 2012

1000 songs to hear before you die continued . . .

It is ridiculously cold here, like square tires on my car cold, air freezes your lungs type shit, Charlie (my dog) doesn't even want to go outside and if he does his paws freeze in 2 minutes and he's running for the door kind of cold. It seriously makes me question why I live here, along with other various glum reasons that often present the same question. In any case some good music always takes me out of my funk, and warms my soul. So on this chilly, stay inside and drink hot tea kind of day I give you some more jams from "1000 Recordings to hear before you die". Enjoy! . . .

Sin and Soul, Oscar Brown Jr.

Public Enemy: Fear of a Black Planet

The Real McCoy, McCoy Tyner

Jilly from Philly, Jill Scott

Mos Def & Talib Kweli are Black Star . . .

had to post more than one from the album. . .

The Sky is Crying, Elmore James . . .

 . . . the original "Shake your money maker". . .

No comments:

Post a Comment