Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Vintage Gucci: loves and lusts . . .

I've been craving a vintage Gucci bag for well . . . since the beginning of time, but last year I spotted this very savvy young gal in Alaska sporting a classic messenger and it ignited my "I want" with gasoline and turned it into an "I need". I don't know what it is but vintage Gucci just revs my engine, it's a mixture of sustainable designer quality and the old school worn in element of being well used but cherished and taken care of. Vintage tells a story, it has more character, and of course it is cheaper! ha! That all being said if a brand new Gucci bag were to fall into my lap I wouldn't be upset. :) It just wouldn't have the story and character that my new vintage pieces have . . . yes you read that right. The whole reason for this ramble is I finally filled the void and doused the "I need"! (to the dismay of my visa) I just acquired two cross-body's in navy Gucci, one is circa 1970's, and the other 1980's. Lucky gal! :) Here is a teaser of the 80's and the only image I was able to upload for your viewing pleasure and my pride and glory. ha! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment