Wednesday, 1 February 2012

More from 1000 songs to hear before you die . . .

I have some more stellar jams for ya'll. 1000 songs to hear before you die continued . . .

Sin & Soul, Oscar Brown Jr.

Boy in da Corner, Dizzee Rascal


Ballads of Pure Bliss, Jimmy Scott


Pieces of a Man, Gil Scott -Heron





If you are just tuning in, this is the third post of "1000 songs to hear before you die". It will be ongoing because lets face it we all need to hear some classic, cultural, different tunes from all sorts of decades and deliveries. So make sure you get yourself caught up. Also more to come - I mean is it 1000 recordings, that is damn near infinity. So keep your ears and eyes pealed. I promise more from the lovely lady artists next time!


2 comments:

  1. Some great choices here (I love Dizzee Rascal's "Boy in Da Corner"), glad to see you are enjoying the 1000 Recordings. I have been trying to work my way through the book start to finish (I'm a little more than halfway) and I'm writing about it at www.recordingtherecordings.blogspot.com where I also have links to stream the recordings. I keep a blogroll there where I link to folks who are also making the journey, so I'll be sure to link to your site. Are you trying to listen to everything or just kind of picking and choosing? I figured if I didn't go start to finish I might not ever get around to discovering new stuff. Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree with Dizzee! Good for you that is dedication, I am more of a pick and choose kinda listener! Glad to hear others are putting the book to use. There is too much great music out there that doesn't get heard. Awesome that sounds great, I shall check out your blog. Let me know when you get through them all! Cheers! :)

      Delete