Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Coldplay Concert - Mylo Xyloto . . .

I had the privileged of being at the opening show for Coldplays "Mylo Xyloto" tour last night. It. Was. Amazing. I fell in love with their sound, which takes on a whole new quality live. They easily blew my underrated status out of the water. With live performances that not only showcase their ability as musicians, but vocalists, producers, and performers. They love what they do, so much so that as a spectator you can't help but feel as if you are a part of the music. The fast paced electronic songs have you energized, and the melodic melodies of the heartfelt tunes have you melting to the core.
Chris Martin's voice is simply beautiful. His piano serenade of "I Miss You" gave me warm chest feelings, mixed with captivating chills. I now understand why Gwenyth Paltrow fell for this charming lad. Yumm.
The whole arena was lit up by the special Mylo Xyloto bracelets that we got at the door, ranging in all colors. Mine was purple and blue. Once ignited it glowed, flashed, and twinkled vibrant blue to the booming beats and the energy of the crowd. It was an experience . . .








My photos are shit quality - my apologies. The bright lights in the crowd are the bracelets. You can see the stage extended out into the crowd and also came around the backside to us rear view folks, which the band made good use of. Giant confetti gusted out and up from the stage, giant balloons were tossed into the crowd, smoke blew, and all that cool shit that big concerts usually have were included in the production. ha! Plus the music equipment was decked out in graffiti (my recent obsession)! The piano looked sick. 
Honestly this was one of my favorite concerts, a pleasant surprise. Definitely a highlight of my trip, so glad I grabbed tickets last minute for this! If you get a chance to catch this concert - do it! As I mentioned before, this was the opening show for the tour so there is a long list of venues to follow. Check dates for your area!
Cheers :) 

2 comments:

  1. I just got back from the Coldplay concert here in San Jose and to be honest with you, there are no words to describe tonight. I scoored great coldplay tickets i enjoyed my night …I can try, but it won't do it justice. These guys were something else live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! So glad you caught them. :)

      Delete