Thursday, 14 June 2012

Loves and Lusts: Jewels, Proenza Schouler, Big White Bitches, etc . . .

Sweet bathing baseball players BATMAN - the loving and lusting that has been flowing through my veins is seriously threatening my financial status this summer season! I thought it only fair to share confess my desires in order to say sane. With any further delay, I give you my most recent consumer driven love affairs . . .

Thanks to Sincerely Jules (that bitch) I discovered a ridiculously amazing array of jewels, specifically bracelets as the idea of arm parties has been haunting me in my dreams. The jewelers are Alimonada, based out of Brooklyn N.Y. everything is handcrafted, and 10% of every purchase goes to a shelter for underprivileged girls in Brazil. COOL! Here are the bracelets I am craving . . .

How cute is the scissor charm?

Mint = :)

Purple Knot, what's not to love.

My next ongoing obsession happens to jump about 2 billion dollars up in price point. Ok, maybe I am exaggerating a smidge but I definitely will have to sell my body to be able to afford one of these babies. Ever since Proenza Schouler introduced the world to the PS1 bag, I have been fantasizing about it in every perfect size and  delectable color of suede and leather. Seriously. Shhhhh. It is beautiful. If you do not know what I am talking about, you are about to get schooled! Look HERE!!! for your introduction to the array of bag bliss that is the PS1. Damn I need a sugar daddy, or two, or three. I would like the medium PS1 in every color please Santa, to start these would do . . .




I do not watch Family Guy but . . . giggity giggity. 

The next item that I was lusting over comes with a bit of a sorrowful story. At least for me. Sigh. I had been debating on this Anthropologie dress for weeks, until the debate came to an almost tearful end. It sold out. "Fuck" was my reaction, "Thank fucking god" was my bank accounts. The hussy who bought the last one in my size should be glad she snatched it out from under me digitally and not in a store setting, as there would have been hair pulling and elbow tossing. My inner hood rat comes out for such life or death situations. Really though if you or anyone you know locates this dress please hollaaa, until then I will be stocking it on ebay . . .



On to a more successful sartorial story. My marriage to J Crew continued last week when a special someone made my dreams of magical mint come true. I've been keeping my eye on the Brompton line of bags by The Crew ever since a friend of mine acquired a Brompton Hobo awhile back, it made me want to . . . hate her steal it from her. Obviously I could not get the exact same bag as her, so I was a sitting duck. Alas a sitting duck I am no more! A little gem appeared in the shape of a mint cross-body bag called the "Wixon Purse" and I realized it must have been fate. I have been loving and lacking mint, I love cross-bodies, and this bag has the beautiful aesthetic of the Brompton style but is slightly more bold. In other words it screams me! :) As soon as she arrived I tossed all my junk into her and she's been by my side ever since . . .

Eye Candy - yummm.


Last but certainly not least, the leader and queen of my arm party, the reason for my necessary fascination with wrist decorating . . . my new (earlier this spring) MK time piece. Aka - Michael Kors Watch. She's a big white nasty bitch, and I am smitten. If I mentioned her before, deal with it . . . 



Just so you don't think I am a mindless fashion obsessed junkie, my lust list also includes; a road bike, a canoe, downhill ski-boots for this winter, a new acoustic guitar, a piano (and more lessons), elbow pads for longboarding (a helmet wouldn't be a bad idea either). My loves list also includes: a beautiful tea pot and mugs from my good friend Kelsey (xo), "The Tiger's Wife" novel from Kelsey (literature sugar mama), my new magenta acrylic paint, 16x20 canvases, my dog/main man Charlie, baking cupcakes for birthdays, coronas, my x-mas present Ipod dock from my brother that serenades me when I paint, and my new Ipad application "Flipboard" (geek I know, but seriously it's the bomb - get it if you don't have it). 

Until next time loves and lusts. Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment